Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hello World [a]

I believe a writer or literary artist's job is to manipulate and craft how we feel as a reader or an audience member. You may have noticed, the title of my blog is called the The Art of Crafting Emotions. The reason for this is that I love filling my life with stories from all walks of life. I am writer myself and as such, I normally don't find people who are willing to listen to (or heaven forbid engage in) in-depth discussions as I pick apart and analyze the crap out of characters and storylines from books, movies, TV shows, songs, and the occasional fan fiction / alternate universe story. As much as I love to talk, there are people who might want me to "stop inflicting [my] opinions on the world" [1]. Ergo, I decided to inflict my opinions on the cyber-world. (That was an invitation for you to roll your eyes there). 

If you are a keen reader (and likely a bored individual, if you happen to be surfing through blogs or Buzzfeed when you should be working or otherwise being more productive), you may have noticed that I just threw in a quote from one of my favorite TV shows in the preceding paragraph. (If you are a really keen reader, you will have also noticed the irony of it, given the circumstances in which the original quote was uttered). 

I happen to be one of those eccentrics who actually quote stuff in real life, so naturally I transfer that tendency into my writing as well. But, as a member of the scientific community in the STEM field, I have picked up this useful skill of citing everything that I quote or refer to in my papers / publications that I will employ right here using a semi-MLA citation format. If anyone out there cares to correct my citations or picks up on something that I missed, go ahead and comment on the post. All opinions / comments are welcome, barring a profuse effusion of profanity. On another note, if I feel like something other than a quote requires an explanation or a reference, I will denote those with an alphabet citation (like the one in the title of this post).


References 
[1] BBC's Sherlock, Season 1 Episode 3 (The Great Game)

[a] Hello World is normally the first program that a fledgling programmer would write when picking up a programming language like C++ or Java. 


No comments:

Post a Comment